"Hugging" - Leonard Radu Chioveanu
"Hugging" - Contemporary art glass made on black crystal with a 45% lead content sculpture Pâte de Cristal.
"Signed LRC" and numbered 1/99 Limited Edition.
Size: 7 cm x 8 cm x 7 cm / 876 grams
Size: 2.76 inch x 3.15 inch x 2.76 inch / 1.93 pounds
Leonard Radu Chioveanu is a glass artist born in the 1974 in Bucharest Romania. In 1995 he opened his own glass studio “Pâte de Cristal”. Every art piece made is unique and designed by Leonard.
These are the steps LRC takes to create a Pâte de Cristal Artwork using the Lost Wax Method:
– create a model from wax
– hand build a kiln mould from plaster/silica around the wax model
– steam the wax out of the kiln mould
– weigh and clean the lead crystal, pack in a terracotta pot
– place the kiln mould in the kiln with the terracotta above
– set the kiln controller to desired firing schedule (minimum 1 week)
– unpack the kiln, discard the terracotta pot (1 use only)
– remove the mould from the glass
– grind the base by hand-lapping with four grades of grit
– soak glass in polish dip for 48 hours
– hand polishing and final stage polishing with pumice and cerium oxide
– engrave signature and number piece on the base